Tuesday, April 27, 2010

News & Updates! {Baltimore, Maryland Photographer)

I have been quite busy lately and thought I should give everyone an update regarding a few things:

1.  Session Scheduling: Due to the fact that in addition to my photography business,  I work full time & am a mom to a toddler...I have decided that I will be booking no more than 6 sessions per month.  I am only available to photograph Friday - Sunday and with 5 sessions in April & 8 sessions in May, I have come to the realization that I (and my family) can handle no more than this right now.  My schedule is currently filling up about 4-6 weeks in advance so if you would like to schedule a session, please keep that in mind and plan accordingly.

2. Proof Turnaround Time: I was originally telling my clients that their proofs would be ready for viewing about 3-7 days after their session but due to the large number of sessions that I have been booking I am going to have to extend that time frame to 10-14 days.  I feel this will not only help me to keep my sanity but it will also result in better quality images since I will not be as rushed to edit each sessions photos.  I will still try to have a "sneak peek" from each session posted on my blog within 24 hours. 

3. Pricing & Free Sessions:  Effective May 15th, I will no longer be offering the Free "Portfolio Building Sessions".  While I am always looking to expand my portfolio of images, I cannot offer free sessions forever;).  Instead, any session booked after May 15th will require a $30 non-refundable session fee & a signed "Model Release Form" permitting me to use your images in my portfolio.  If you prefer that I do not use your images in my portfolio, the session fee will be $60.  These fees cover my time for the day only and will not be applied to your print order. 

I will also be decreasing the discount on print prices from 75% off to 50% off AND be requiring that any print order placed be a minimum of $25.  When I order your prints from my pro lab, I am required to place a minimum order so this new policy will keep me from losing money on orders placed for only 1 or 2 prints at a time. 

***Any session that is booked before May 15th (and completed before June 30th) will still recevie my current prices & free session offer.   I wil still however, be offering free sessions to the first 2 expectant mothers who schedule a maternity session with me!  Fill out my contact for for more details.***

4. Website Updates, New Blog & Fan Page:  During the first two weeks of May, I will be making changes to my website.  These canges will include new galleries of images, changes to my pricing & policies & more.  I will also be updating my Blog from this crappy Blogger version to a nice Wordpress blog!  Be sure to check back often for updates, sneak peeks, etc.   Lastly, I am still a virgin when it come to....wait what! ....Facebook!?!?!  Yes, I know...I will finally be juumping on the Facebook banwagon so please be sure to look for a Fan page link soon & come fan me (or so I hear the term is now "like" me). 

5. 44th Annual Dundalk Art Show: Come check me out on Saturday, May 22, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Heritage Park & Center Place (off of Dundalk Avenue)!  I will have a display of my Landscape Photography (also available for purchase) and some information on my Portrait Photography as well.  If you havn't met me yet and want to do so, I'd love to chat with you!  Bring the kids and make it a day for the family!  There will be many vendor /artist displays including; arts, crafts, sculpture and photography. The day-long celebration of the arts also features demonstrations, childrens activities, food and live entertainment.  Admission is free to the public!  Rain date is Sunday May 23rd. 

6. Fundraisers / Charity:  I will have more information on this topic soon, but just as a preface; I will be doing a fundraiser for Reading Tree most likely in early September.  Inspired by my daughters love for books and my love for photography, I thought it would be great if I could give back to the community in 2 ways!  I will be scheduling mini-sessions for 1 (maybe 2) weekends in September at a designated location (TBD).  Each mini session will cost $30 and will last about 30 minutes.  Each family / client will recevie a passcode protected web gallery of the best 5-7 images from their mini session and 1 free set of wallets (my choice).  100% of the session fees will go to Reading Tree as well as 50% of my profit from any print orders placed.  I will also be collecting new & used books during the mini sessions to donate to Reading Tree.  My goal is 30 sessions in 1 weekend plus $1000 in print orders and 100 books!  Stay tuned for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment